Flavor filled turkey sausage, diced Italian tomatoes, spinach, and mushrooms all come together in a creamy sauce and make this dish really sing. Luckily most of the hard work is done for you since the sausage packs in so much flavor on it's own. Then a simple creamy sauce is built using cream cheese and Parmesan and in under 30 minutes you have a delicious, veggie packed, low carb pasta dish.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Low Carb Creamy Tomato, Mushroom, Sausage, and Spinach Pasta
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 U spaghetti squash
- 1 lb. ground lean turkey sausage
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 14 oz. can diced Italian tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 oz. light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup basil
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Season with salt and black pepper. Bake for about 1 hour on a baking sheet with the cut side down. To microwave cut the squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds. Place on a microwave safe dish and cover. Microwave 8-9 minutes or until soft. Scrape out all the flesh.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Brown the sausage until no longer pink. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until becoming translucent.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes with juice, tomato paste, and red pepper flakes. Stir in the cream cheese and Parmesan. Stir to create a creamy sauce. Add water/broth as needed to thin out the sauce.
- Add the spinach and cook 3-4 minutes until wilted.
- Stir in the spaghetti squash and fresh basil.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.