Low Carb Chicken Cheese Steak Bowls
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.33 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into strips
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 U green peppers, sliced
- 2 U red peppers, sliced
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 1 U sweet onion, sliced
- 1/2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tbsp. flour (true low carb use arrowroot to thicken cheese sauce)
- 3/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup skim milk
Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Heat a skillet over medium heat with olive oil. Add the chicken and cook for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through completely. Remove chicken and set aside.
Add peppers, onions, and mushrooms and cook for 6-8 minutes.
Add the butter to a small saucepan. Once melted, whisk in the flour and cook for 2 minutes until lightly browned.
Add the milk and bring to a simmer. Add the arrowroot here if using. Once bubbling and thickened, reduce the heat to low and stir in the cheese.
Create the bowls by placing veggies on the bottom, topping with ¼ chicken and vegetable mixture, and topping with cheese sauce.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.