With spring in full swing, I want to use asparagus in almost every recipe, which is funny considering I didn't like asparagus until I was in my twenties. And while I normally just roast it or throw it on the grill, lately I have been loving adding it to stir-fries like today's Lemon Pepper Asparagus and Edamame Stir-fry. I wasn't in the mood for Asian flavors when I created this recipe, so I kept the ingredients fairly neutral, just using a little soy sauce for the salt and umami flavors.You could definitely amp up the Asian flavors if you wanted by adding some fresh ginger, sesame oil, and Sriracha if you like things spicy. Paired with some brown rice, quinoa, or soba noodles and it's a delicious meatless dish.
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce (GF if needed)
- 2 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 U cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (or arrowroot)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups asparagus, chopped
- 2 cups shelled edamame
- 4 U green onions, chopped
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.