This Lemon Dill Chickpea and Orzo Salad with Feta Dressing is an exciting twist on pasta salad that is packed with flavor. It all starts with the orzo, which is basically a rice shaped pasta. You can use regular or whole wheat orzo depending on what you can find. Then you add chickpeas, tomatoes, arugula, and dill to the orzo. Finally everything is tossed with a delicious feta vinaigrette made with feta cheese, lemon juice, olive oil, dijon mustard, and garlic. It's so yummy and will make anything taste amazing.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Lemon Dill Chickpea and Orzo Salad
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup dill, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup reduced fat crumbled feta cheese
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Cook the orzo according to package directions.
- Make the dressing by combining the feta cheese, lemon juice, olive oil, water, Dijon mustard, oregano, and garlic powder. Mash the feta a bit with a fork to create a pourable dressing. Season with pepper and salt if needed.
- Toss together orzo (warm or cold), chickpeas, green onions, dill, tomatoes, arugula, and dressing.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.