Korean flavors are some of the best out there in my opinion. I just love the combination of savory, sweet, and umami - I mean what could be better. And while these flavor combinations are usually reserved for meats, they work just as well with plant based dishes like these Korean lentils. Made with quick cooking red lentils, the whole dish is ready in about 15 minutes. Served with some rice and veggies, it's a meatless meal you will make again and again.
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 U red onion, diced
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (GF if needed)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (or agave or honey)
- 2 U cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 U green onions, chopped
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.