- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 lb. 95% lean ground beef
- 2 tsp. grill seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 U red onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 U tomato, sliced
- 1 cup lettuce
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Option 1: Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Sprinkle the onions with salt and pepper. Place on a piece of foil and add 2 tbsp. of water. Close up the foil to create a packet. Place directly on grill. Cook for 10-12 minutes total, flipping once. Place the burgers on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until desired doneness. During last 2 minutes of cooking, add the cheese.
Option 2: Heat a pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Add the onions, salt, pepper. and water. Cook on medium low heat, adding water as needed until onions brown and become very tender. Remove onions and set aside. Spray with cooking spray and add the burgers. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side. During the last two minutes, add the cheese and cover or tent the pan so that the cheese melts.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.