Indian Spiced Cabbage with Dates
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard seeds
- 3 U garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. raw ginger, grated
- 4 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 4 tbsp. water
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 cup dried dates, chopped
- Salt to taste
Heat the vegetable oil over medium high heat. Once hot, add the mustard seeds and immediately cover. Let cook for about 1 minute until they stop popping.
Carefully remove the lid and add the garlic and ginger. Cook for 30 seconds
Add the cabbage and 2 tbsp. water to prevent burning. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Add more water if needed to prevent burning.
Add the curry powder, dates, and season with salt. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.