This quick and easy Hummus and Veggie Pita Pizza is full of all of the flavors of a delicious Greek salad on a toasted whole wheat pita.
Lunch is one of those meals that I normally don't spend a lot of time thinking about. I grab whatever leftovers are in my fridge, which inevitably is a lot as a food blogger, and throw them onto a salad, into a wrap, or over a pile of rice. However every once in a while I either crave something different or run out of leftovers and this simple Hummus and Veggie Pita Pizza is the perfect thing. Toasted in the oven with a touch of olive oil and oregano, the pita bread gets nice and crispy. Then it's topped with creamy hummus, sweet cherry tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers, olives, pepperoncinis, red onion, and salt feta cheese. Ready in about 10 minutes, it's a great lunch or quick dinner option.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Hummus and Veggie Pita Pizza
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 U whole wheat pita
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 3 tbsp. hummus
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced fat feta cheese
- 1/8 cup black olives, chopped
- 1/8 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/8 cup pepperoncinis, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Brush the pita bread with olive oil and sprinkle with oregano, salt, and pepper. Bake for 5-7 minutes until toasted.
- Remove from oven and spread the pita with hummus. Add the vegetables, feta cheese, olives, and pepperoncinis. Season with salt and pepper.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.