Ever wondered about how to use tempeh? It's a great vegan product that can add protein and nutrients to any dish. Essentially, tempeh is a fermented soy product that normally comes in a dense block or patty. It's significantly less processed than tofu and the fermentation process makes it easy for your body to digest. It can be used in all kinds of recipes but one of my favorite ways to use it is in simple Asian stir-fries like this one with Hoisin and cabbage. It's delicious on a bed of quinoa, spaghetti squash, brown rice, or cauliflower rice.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Hoisin Tempeh and Cabbage
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- Mix together the soy sauce, water, Hoisin sauce, sesame oil, honey, rice vinegar, lime juice, garlic, and ginger.
- Marinate the tempeh in this mixture for at least 4 hours, ideally overnight.
- When ready to eat, add the tempeh and marinade to a nonstick skillet. Cook until browned and cook through, about 5-7 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and add the cabbage. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes, adding 1-2 tbsp. of water if needed.
- Stir the tempeh back in and serve.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.