Healthy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars made with fresh strawberries, rolled oats, and whole wheat flour are a healthy 100 calorie treat that you will absolutely love. Jump to Recipe
Healthy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars make the most delicious healthy snack or dessert and are packed with fresh strawberries, rolled oats, and whole wheat flour. They rival your favorite coffee shop oat bars with only 100 calories per square.
In my early twenties, after a tough day of work, my roommate and I would always stop at our local coffee shop for coffee and a blueberry oat bar. It was a simple ritual that helped us unwind from a long day and was better than going to happy hour every day since that always seemed like the other alternative.
Now as someone who works from home, I can't tell you how often I am tempted to head around the corner for a quick coffee and pick me up. The only problem? The blueberry oat bars I love have close to 400 calories (11 SmartPoints™), which is way too much for an afternoon snack. Luckily these delicious Strawberry Oatmeal Bars clock in at just around 100 calories.
Plus if you are anything like me, you just can get enough strawberries this time of year. Not only are they available everywhere and affordable, but the flavor is also at its peak and they are super sweet. It's hard not to put them on everything.
Tips for Making Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- It's likely you already have everything you need to make these yummy bars in your pantry and fridge. If you are missing the ginger, just leave it out. I love the kick it adds but it isn't necessary or you could substitute cinnamon.
- This recipe will work with other berries and fruit. Try it out with blueberries, raspberries, peaches, apples, or plums.
- If you don't have white whole wheat flour at home, you can use an equal combination of all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour. You can also use just all purpose flour if that's what you have on hand.
- Although butter isn't something we think about using in lower calorie treats, it really is best in this recipe. The crumble just won't come out the same with another type of oil.
- These bars will hold up in the freezer, so don't be afraid to make a whole batch and pop some in the freezer to pull out later.
How to Freeze Strawberry Oat Bars
If you are lucky enough to have some of these leftovers to freeze, first make sure they have fully cooled. Then cut them into individual portions and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in the freezer in a freezer safe bag.
To defrost, you have a few options. You can simply place the bar in the fridge the night before and let it defrost. You could also pop it in the microwave or the toaster oven. Lastly, if you are packing this for lunch, just pack it frozen. It should be fully defrosted a few hours later just in time for lunch.
Looking for more healthy strawberry recipes?
- Easy Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
- Strawberry and Spinach Salad
- Baked Strawberry, Banana, and Chocolate Oatmeal
- Strawberry Oatmeal Blender Pancakes
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits
Here are some of the products and tools I used when making this recipe:
- This recipe cooks best in an 11X17 dish since that really allows the bars to firm up. I used this casserole dish to make mine but any dish that size should work.
- To make sure the bars don't stick, I highly recommend using parchment paper when making this dish. While cooking spray works, it is much easier to remove the bars and cut them with parchment paper.
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (light)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2.5 cups strawberries, diced (about 1 pound)
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1/4 U lemon
- 2 tsp sugar
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.