This Grilled Vegetable Caprese Salad makes the perfect appetizer, side dish, or main course. It's packed with fresh veggies, smoky grilled tomatoes, and tons of fresh mozzarella and basil.
I just can't stop grilling vegetables. Pretty much every night I find myself carrying a basket of whatever veggies we have on hand out to grill for a quick side dish or salad. I just love them and always make extras for leftovers the next day. They make the most delicious salads, sandwiches, and quesadillas. So you can imagine my excitement the other day when it dawned on me to use my leftover grilled veggies in my other favorite summer dish, a caprese salad. So so good. Slightly charred zucchini and summer squash with smoky grilled tomatoes, plenty of mozzarella and basil, and a quick drizzle of balsamic vinegar - I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Grilled Vegetable Caprese Salad
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 U zucchini, sliced
- 2 U summer squash, sliced
- 4 U tomatoes, quartered
- 1 U sweet onion, sliced
- 1.5 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar (plus more for drizzling)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 oz. fresh mozzarella
- 1/3 cup basil (or to taste)
- Toss the vegetables with olive oil, balsamic, salt, and pepper.
- Place directly on the grill and cook for 6-8 minutes, flipping once or twice, until tender with nice grill marks. Carefully remove the vegetables from the grill and roughly chop.
- Toss with fresh mozzarella and basil. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Drizzle with extra balsamic.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.