Have you tried grilling your sweet potatoes yet? If not, I recommend getting on that immediately. They are so so good. Like seriously amazingly delicious. Something about the smoky char from the grill paired with the caramelized sweetness of the potato is just perfect. Try it immediately!
Today's recipe builds on that amazing grilled sweet potato flavor with zucchini, summer squash, red onion, and a delicious, punchy cilantro pesto. I also threw in some black beans for protein. You could definitely add avocado or crumbly cheese as well for one really yummy dish.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Black Beans and Cilantro Pesto
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 cups cilantro, packed
- 6 tbsp. water (or vegetable broth)
- 4 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 U garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3 U medium sweet potatoes
- 1 U red onion, sliced
- 2 U zucchini, sliced
- 2 U summer squash, sliced
- 1 tbsp. grill seasoning
- Cooking spray
- 14 oz. canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- Combine the first nine ingredients in a food processor or blender to make the pesto.
- Par cook the sweet potatoes in the microwave or boiling water. (For boiling, place the whole sweet potato in boiling water for 6 to 8 minutes until you can easily stab it with a fork. Slice into rounds about 1/2 inch thick.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high. Spray with vegetable slices with cooking spray and sprinkle with grill seasoning. Place the sweet potatoes and red onion on the grill and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes. When you flip the sweet potatoes and onions, add the zucchini and summer squash. They take 1-2 minutes per side.
- Toss the grilled vegetables with the black beans. Top with pesto.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.