The perfect summer dish for the grill - Sausage and Vegetable Kabobs with a simple olive oil and balsamic vinegar marinade.
Kabobs are one of my favorite things to make in the spring and summer months. Probably becasue it means I can throw together whatever protein and veggies I happen to have and toss them on the grill and in about 15 minutes I have a fancy schmancy dinner. Something about kabobs just feels more put together than a simple grilled protein and side of veggies.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Grilled Sausage and Vegetable Kabobs
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.5 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce (GF if needed, coconut aminos for Whole30/Paleo)
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 U lemon, zest and juice
- 4 U chicken sausages, sliced
- 1 U red pepper, chopped
- 1 U green pepper, chopped
- 1 U red onion, chopped
- 1 U zucchini, sliced
- 1 U summer squash, sliced
- Mix together the olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, parsley, and black pepper. Marinate the chopped vegetables and sausages in this mixture for 1-2 hours.
- When ready to cook, thread the sausages and vegetables onto skewers. If using wooden skewers make sure to soak them first.
- Cook on a medium-hot grill for 5-7 minutes per side or until vegetables are tender and beginning to char.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.