Grilled Balsamic Mushrooms and Polenta is a delicious vegetarian meal that's full of flavor and couldn't be easier to make.
Grilled Balsamic Mushrooms and Polenta is a simple, vegetarian grilled dinner full of marinated grilled mushrooms, tender grilled polenta, fresh arugula, and Parmesan cheese.
When it comes to vegetarian recipes, the two requests I get most often are for slow cooker recipes and grilling recipes. And since its summer, I decided to share one of my favorite meatless grilling recipes. It's seriously the easiest thing to make and the flavor of the earthy marinated mushrooms with the creamy polenta is so so good. And then there's the cheese of course. You could use Parmesan as the recipe suggests but I often switch it up with goat cheese, feta cheese, or burrata.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Grilled Balsamic Mushrooms and Polenta
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 6 U portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 U cloves garlic, minced
- 1/16 tsp red pepper flakes
- 18 oz. prepared polenta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Mix together the balsamic vinegar, thyme, soy sauce, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Marinate the mushrooms in this mixture for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut the polenta into rounds and brush with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the mushrooms from the marinade, letting the excess drip off. Place the mushrooms and polenta slices on the grill. Cook on one side for 5 minutes and then flip. Cook the other side for five minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Serve with arugula and Parmesan cheese.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.