I love this recipe when I need a quick and satisfying lunch or dinner. This version is meatless but you could easily add chicken or shrimp if you wanted to add a lean protein.
Greek Pizza Bread
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 4 U whole wheat pitas
- 1/2 U red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup reduced fat feta cheese
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini peppers, sliced
- 2 U tomatoes, diced
- 1 U cucumber, diced
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 U garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Bake the pita bread for 5-7 minutes until warm and toasted.
Meanwhile, whisk together the red wine vinegar, olive oil, oregano, and garlic.
Toss together the red onion, lettuce, black olives, feta cheese, pepperoncini’s, tomatoes, cucumber, and parsley. Add dressing and toss again.
Top each pita with salad mixture.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.