General Tso's chicken is a favorite take-away dish I love to make at home. However recently when a craving hit for this dish and we had a vegetarian friend staying with us for a few days, I decided to try a version with tofu and it turned out great. The key is making sure to press and dry your tofu before so it can get nice and crispy.
General Tso's Tofu
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.5 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 U egg white
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey (or brown sugar)
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 3 tsp cornstarch, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 14 oz extra firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 4 U green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.