Ginger and garlic is one of one my favorite combinations when it comes to stir-fries and whenever I decide to reach for tofu, this is the first recipe I think of. Packed with flavor from a sauce made of ginger, garlic, honey, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar, this simple tofu stir-fry is one that even meat eaters will love. The tofu and vegetables stay nice and crispy and the sauce is so so good. You can use more honey if you like things on the sweet side, but I like just a hint of sweetness. Make sure to let the tofu get nice and crispy and brown on all sides. Crispy tofu really does make a huge difference in dishes like this.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Garlic Ginger Tofu Vegetable Stir-fry
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 U cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup water
- 4 tsp. coconut oil, divided
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu
- 2 cups asparagus, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 3 U green onions, sliced
- Add the garlic, ginger, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, water, and half the coconut oil to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Cut the tofu into long slices and press using a tofu press or paper towel to remove the excess moisture. The more moisture you remove the crispier the tofu will be. Then cut into small squares.
- Heat the remaining coconut oil over medium high heat. Add the tofu in one layer. Let brown on one side. Add half the sauce and continue until tofu is browned and crisp. Remove and set aside.
- Add the vegetables to the pan along with the remaining sauce. Cook until vegetables are just tender crisp, about 4-6 minutes. Add the tofu and stir together.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.