videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Fresh Corn Soup
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 U ears corn, cut off the cob
- 2 U stalks celery, chopped
- 2 U carrots, chopped
- 1 U onion, chopped
- 3 U garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth (plus more to thin if needed)
- 1 U bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup half and half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil over low-medium heat in a large soup pot. Once it is warm, add the carrots, celery, onion, and garlic. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften. Add 1/2 of the corn, the bay leaf, and the vegetable broth to the mixture. Let cook for an additional 7-10 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Remove the bay leaf and add all the content of the soup to a blender. Blend until completely smooth. If you want a very smooth texture, push through a sieve after blending.
- Return the corn puree to the soup pot and add the milk, cream, and fresh corn. Let cook for 7-10 minutes over low heat or until the corn softens to your liking. I like mine a little crispy. Add salt and pepper and stir in any additional vegetable broth until you get the consistency you like. Enjoy.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.