I love French toast for Brunch, especially with a delicious thick bakery bread like Challah. You could make this recipe with any type of bread, although the point value may change slightly, and is a great treat on a weekend morning with a fresh cup of coffee. You can also make this recipe with weight watchers bread or another low calorie bread and have 2 pieces for only 2 points.
French Toast with Challah
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 4 U slices Challah bread (or other bakery bread)
- 1 cup Egg substitute, liquid or frozen, fat free
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 /2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Beat together egg beaters, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract and pour into a shallow dish.
Soak challah slices in egg mixture for 3 minutes per side.
Spray a pan over medium heat with cooking spray and cook the french toast for about 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
Serve with butter spray, sugar free syrup, and fruit!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.