There really isn't anything better than a schnitzel in my opinion but since most are deep fried, many times they just don't fit into a healthy diet. Luckily with today's veggie schnitzel recipe we not only can enjoy a delicious schnitzel, we can feel good about it. Using eggplant and mushrooms as the base and light Panko breadcrumbs, you can make a crispy vegetarian schnitzel right in the oven in about 30 minutes. This basic recipe would also work great with zucchini, summer squash, or cauliflower steaks.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Eggplant and Mushroom Schnitzel
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk the eggs and milk.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, cheese, Italian seasoning salt, and pepper.
- Dip the eggplant and mushrooms into the egg whites and then press in breadcrumb mixture on both sides.
- Place on a prepared baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Then flip and spray with cooking spray. Cook for an additional 10-15 minutes until browned.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.