videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Egg Drop Soup
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 U clove garlic, minced
- 4 oz mushrooms (I used straw mushrooms)
- 6 U green onions
- 8 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 U large eggs
- 2 cup fresh spinach
- Warm the vegetable oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the ginger, garlic, green onions and mushrooms. Saute for about 5 minutes until the vegetables soft.
- Add the chicken stock and soy sauce. Bring to a slow, rolling boil.
- While the soup is coming to a boil, combine the corn starch with just enough water so it dissolves. I needed about 1.5 tbsp of water. Also scramble the eggs with a touch of water and set aside.
- Add the cornstarch to the boiling soup and stir for about 1 minute to thicken up the soup.
- Turn off the hat from the soup and let is stop boiling. It should take about 1 minute. Then take a large spoon and stir the soup slowly. Slowly our in the eggs and then stop stirring immediately. Let the water continue to swirl on it’s own and the eggs will set. It will take about 1 minute.
- Stir in the spinach once the eggs set and stir in. It should wilt after about one minute. Enjoy and consider a touch of Sriracha for a little spice.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.