A simple vegetarian Butternut Squash Chili that is ready in 30 minutes making it the perfect weeknight meal.
One of our favorite restaurants make these killer vegetarian nachos that are covered in a butternut squash chili and mountains of cheese and jalapenos. My friend and I go once a couple of months to indulge in girl talk, vino, and these infamous nachos. Last week I was really craving them but wanted something healthier at home. So I made this simple stove top butternut squash chili and baked up some tortilla chips. It was the perfect replacement and although I missed out on the girl time, my craving was completely satisfied. And let's be honest, I definitely added some cheese as well. Hearty vegetarian weeknight chili that will quickly become a favorite.
Easy Butternut Squash Chili
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 U onion, chopped
- 2 U garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 U red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 U jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1.5 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 U bay leaf
- 14 oz. canned diced tomatoes (not drained)
- 1 cup vegetable broth (or more for thinner chili)
- 3 cups butternut squash, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 14 oz. canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 oz. canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.