This past weekend, I went to a great barbecue but had the challenge of bringing a side dish that met a huge array of dietary needs. We had a few vegans, some Paleo friends, and a couple doing the Whole 30 among us. Since my friend knew I would be up for the challenge, she tasked me with bringing a hearty side dish.
After lots of thinking, I decided to start with sweet potatoes since they’re filling, nutritious, and work for all three diets. From there, I knew I needed to come up with a nondairy dressing to pull everything together. I was immediately inspired by red Thai curry paste since it pairs amazingly well with sweet potatoes. I needed creaminess so I opted for an avocado to replace the typical mayo or yogurt, and then rounded out the flavors with lime juice, tahini (sesame seed butter), and roasted red peppers. Then I added cilantro for freshness and the result was one amazing side dish. Seriously. I highly recommend making it for your next BBQ or summer dinner.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Dairy Free Curried Sweet Potato Salad
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- Prepare the potatoes: You can roast, boil, or grill the potatoes. Normally I roast them in a 425 degree oven for 30-40 minutes until tender.
- Add the avocado, roasted red peppers, tahini, red curry paste, and lime juice to a food processor. Pulse until a smooth paste is formed.
- Toss together the cooled potatoes, curry mixture, and cilantro. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving if possible.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.