This Curried Tofu and Apple salad is a delicious vegetarian twist on a favorite lunch time salad packed with sweet and savory flavors.
I love making curried chicken salad for parties and picnics. The curry adds so much flavor to a traditional dish and paired with something sweet like apples or grapes - it's just so good. But challenged with a picnic dish that was vegetarian friendly a few weekends ago, I wanted to try out a different version of this salad with a meatless twist. Originally I was going to use chickpeas, which would work wonderfully, but I ended up going with tofu because texturally I thought it would be perfect. Then combined with crunchy carrots, red onions, creamy yogurt, curry powder, lime juice, and apples - you have one killer lunch dish.
Curried Tofu and Apple Salad
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 14 oz extra firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- 1 U apple, diced
- 1/4 cup carrots, diced
- 1/8 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 cup red onion, minced
- 3 tbsp nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 2 tsp curry powder (more to taste, I use about double)
- 1 U lime, juice
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.