Lentils are one of my favorite ingredients to use in soups and stews so when I saw this recipe from the New York Times, I couldn't wait to try it. I love the idea of combining adding butternut squash and apples to a traditional lentil stew. It makes it perfect for fall and cold nights.
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 U onion, diced
- 2 U carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 U celery ribs, diced
- 3 U cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 4 cups peeled butternut squash, chopped in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 U apple, diced
- 6 cups fresh spinach (or kale)
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.