Last week I shared this quick and easy Persian Chicken Kabob recipe and lots of you reached out to learn more about the side dish in the photo. Unfortunately I do not have the exact recipe for that dish since it was actually a combination of the dish I am sharing today with some leftover yellow rice from another meal. I didn’t have quite enough of either dish so I decided to throw them together at the last minute.
Now it terms of today’s recipe, it’s been one of my favorite sides lately as I find myself reaching for curry spices more often. Something about fall always makes me crave those deeper, richer spice blends and they work great in this Israeli couscous, chickpea, and lima bean side dish. It’s terrific served hot or cold and gets better in the fridge after a day or two. If you want to add some extra veggies, roasted cauliflower would be a perfect addition.
Curried Israeli Couscous and Chickpeas
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup canned lima beans, drained and rinsed ( or defrosted frozen)
- 1 U red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tbsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/16 tsp. cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- 1/2 U lime, juiced
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.