One of my favorite sandwiches is curried chicken salad but lately I have trying to been incorporating more meatless meals so I have been making it with chickpeas instead. It is delicious and I barely miss the chicken. The key is slightly mashing the chickpeas using the back of your fork so that they are still chunky but start to stick together. This makes the whole salad come together and ensures the curry powder is present in every bite. Depending on your preferences, you may want to use more or less curry powder. You can also use apples or pears instead of the grapes.
Curried Chickpea Salad with Grapes
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup grapes, chopped
- 2 tsp curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.