Crustless Asparagus and Bacon Egg Pie
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 4 U pieces bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 U onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup asparagus, chopped
- 1 cup skim milk
- 4 U large eggs
- 2 U egg whites
- 1/4 cup chives, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup Gruyère cheese, shredded (about 2 oz)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Heat the bacon in an oven safe skillet until it is crispy. Discard half of the bacon fat that has cooked out.
Add the onion and red pepper and cook for about 8 minutes until the onion begins to be translucent.
Add the asparagus and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, and milk. Stir in the salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, chives, and cheese.
Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and cook for about 15 minutes on medium-low until the egg is almost set completely.
Place the skillet in the oven and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes until the top is cooked through and the top gets crispy.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.