Creamy Tomato Soup
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 3 lbs Roma tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 U cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- Salt and pepper
- 1 U sprig thyme
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup half and half
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Toss the garlic and tomatoes in the olive oil. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spread and spread the tomatoes out evenly, with the cut side facing up. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Place the garlic cloves in aluminum foil and wrap into a small packet.
Roast for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes. Peel the garlic.
Add the tomatoes, garlic, and any juice from the baking sheet into a blender. Blend until smooth.
Add the tomato mixture into a large pot. Add the thyme, red pepper flakes, half and half and broth. Let simmer for 25 minutes. Enjoy.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.