I have always loved the combination of peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Probably from days of way too many cheesesteaks and a waistline to match. So when thinking about a pasta dish last week, that combination came to mind. I wanted to bump it up a bit so I added diced tomatoes and cream cheese to create a simple creamy tomato sauce to pull everything together. If you prefer a tomato-less sauce you could leave out the diced tomatoes and use a bit of the pasta cooking liquid to thin out the sauce. Just make sure to season everything well.
Creamy Pepper, Mushroom, and Onion Shells
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 8 oz. high fiber pasta shells
- 1 U green pepper, sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 U sweet onion, sliced
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 14 oz. fire roasted diced tomatoes, canned
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped or torn
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.