We have been eating this dish nonstop over the past few weeks - nutty spaghetti squash, creamy mushroom Parmesan sauce, and ground beef combines to make one delicious lower carb pasta dish. This recipe is based on a traditional Italian creamy mushroom and beef pasta dish that normally has over 1000 calories a serving. Delicious but definitely not diet friendly. To lighten things up, I decided to substitute spaghetti squash for the pasta, use lean ground beef, and replace about some of the half and half with Greek yogurt. I like to use thyme in the dish but sage, marjoram, oregano, or rosemary would also be delicious.
Creamy Mushroom and Beef Spaghetti Squash
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 U medium spaghetti squash
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 U cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. 95% lean ground beef
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes (not drained)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1/2 cup parsley
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.