Creamy Cajun pasta is one of my favorite dishes. I love the combination of anything creamy with anything spicy and it's pasta - so it's a win. However restaurant versions of this dish many times pack in over 1500 calories so I like to make it at home instead with high fiber or whole wheat pasta, lots of veggies, and a touch of cream cheese to create the sauce. You can adjust the heat to fit your preferences. If you like things really spicy, add some cayenne or chipotles in adobo sauce.
Creamy Cajun Pasta Shells
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 8 oz. high fiber shell pasta (or whole wheat)
- 2 tbsp. Cajun seasoning (or to taste)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 U red pepper, sliced thin
- 1 U green pepper, sliced thin
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 U red onion, sliced thin
- 4 U cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup scallions
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.