This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mountain High Yoghurt. All opinions are 100% mine.
If it was up to me, ninety percent of the food I consumed at any outdoor gathering would be in dip form. Now this is partly due to the my undying love for anything in the dip family but also because some of my favorite summer memories happened around tables full of delicious dips and appetizers where we sat, talked, and laughed for hours. Those lazy summer days with friends and family are some of my favorite times.
However, as we all know too well, sometimes these delicious dips are calorie bombs. Made primarily with mayonnaise or sour cream, it’s amazing how many calories and fat grams can be packed into one little spoonful. Luckily that’s where Mountain High yoghurt can help us out. By substituting plain low fat yoghurt for mayonnaise, you can reduce the calories by 81%! (Mayonnaise has 92 calories per ounce versus just 17 in low fat yoghurt). That not only means a healthier, lower calorie choice, it means you can eat more! Check out these other great low calorie yogurt ideas!
So in the spirit of summer dips that won’t wreak havoc on our waistlines today I bring you one of my new favorite dips made with Mountain High lowfat yoghurt. It has artichokes, roasted garlic, roasted jalapenos, lemon zest, low fat yoghurt, and a bit of cream cheese. It’s delicious, especially if you let it sit overnight so the flavors really have time to do their thing. I thought about adding spinach as well and I am sure that would be delicious. Let me know if you try it! Check out the recipe below and find a coupon for Mountain High yoghurt.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Creamy Artichoke Dip with Jalapenos
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel off the outer, loose layers of the garlic skin and cut off the top of the bulb. Spray with some cooking spray and wrap in tinfoil. Roast for 35 minutes until the garlic is soft.
- When there are about 15 minutes left for the garlic, add the jalapenos to the oven directly on the oven rack. Roast for the remaining 15 minutes.
- Take everything out and set aside to cool. Once the jalapenos have cooled, remove the skin and seeds and chop finely.
- Add half of the garlic, jalapenos, and remaining ingredients to a food processor. Pulse until just combined.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.