I have always loved corn succotash and find the fresh combination of summer corn, tomatoes, and basil hard to beat. Normally succotash calls for lima beans (which would work perfectly) but since my family boycotts the lime bean, I reach for edamame instead. Everything comes together quickly and it is key not to overcook the veggies. You want everything to remain fresh and crunchy.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- Melt the butter in a medium hot skillet. Add the onion and cook for 6-8 minutes until tender.
- Add the corn and edamame. Cook for 4-5 minutes until just tender.
- Remove from heat and toss in the tomatoes, lemon juice, basil, salt, and pepper.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.