- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 U onion, diced
- 3 U cloves garlic, minced
- 8 U ears fresh corn, cut off the cob (but save the cobs)
- 12 oz can evaporated nonfat milk
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup cream, half and half, fat free
- 1 U bay leaf
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
Add the olive oil, butter, onion, and garlic to a soup pot over medium heat. Saute for 10 minutes or until onion is tender. Add the fresh corn and saute for 3 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper until well seasoned.
Add the corn cobs, evaporated milk, broth, milk, and bay leaf. Season again with salt and pepper. Let simmer for one hour covered.
Remove the corn cobs and bay leaf. Stir in the half and half and add the nutmeg.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.