videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Corn, Bacon, and Poblano Pepper Pizza
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 10 oz. prepared pizza dough (I used Pillsbury Pizza Crust)
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 3 U pieces bacon, cooked crisp
- 1 U ear corn, roasted and cut off the cob
- 1 U poblano pepper, roasted and sliced
- 1/2 U red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese (or goat cheese would be delicious)
In a saute pan, add non fat cooking spray. Add the onions over low-medium heat and cook until just soft.
Roll out the pizza dough to make a thin crust and follow any package directions. For the Pillsbury crust I baked in for 5 minutes at 400 degrees on a cookie sheet and then cooked it on the rack once I added the ingredients.
Spread the marinara sauce on the pizza in a thin layer. Then layer on 1/2 of the cheese.
Now add the bacon, corn, onions, and poblano peppers and top with the remaining cheese.
Bake in the oven according to package directions or until the cheese is nice and bubbly. For the Pillsbury crust, I cooked it for 10 minutes, directly on the rack. Enjoy!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.