An easy, low carb and Paleo, vegetarian Cumin Cauliflower and Coconut Soup that makes a delicious lunch or dinner.
I love having soup ready in the fridge or freezer for quick meals and snacks. Lately I have been making lots of cauliflower based soups since it is the perfect thing to make a nice thick and creamy soup without all the calories and fat. Normally I reach for curry with cauliflower soup, but this time I wanted to mix things up and decided to use smoky cumin and sweet coconut milk instead. I prefer it without any added sweetness but you could add a touch of maple syrup or brown sugar to sweeten things up. You could also add some protein by adding toasted chickpeas, tofu, roasted chicken, or lean sausage.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Coconut Cauliflower and Cumin Soup
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 U onion, diced
- 4 U cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 1.5 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. coriander
- 2 lbs. cauliflower florets
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup light canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onions and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, and salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes until nice and fragrant.
- Add the cauliflower and broth. Cook for 10-15 minutes until cauliflower is fork tender. Use an immersion blender (or regular blender in batches) and blend the soup until smooth and creamy. Return to pot and stir in the coconut milk. Season with and pepper and stir in cilantro.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.