They just opened a Chipotle walking distance from my apartment. Dangerous. I don’t know why but I just can’t resist it. So step #1 to try and ignore my urges to go there all the time is to start making some of the things I love from Chiptole at home, where I can control the ingredients and portion. The first up the Cilantro Lime rice. I used white rice in the recipe to keep it the same, but you could easy substitute brown rice and make it even better for you. Hate cilantro? Add lemon juice and fresh Italian parsley instead, or chives, or green onions, or basil. You get the idea. Have fun with your rice.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Cilantro Lime Rice (Chiptole)
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- In a small pot, add the water, salt, rice, and 1/2 of the oil. Bring to a boil and continue to boil until the water just covers the rice.
- Turn the heat down to low and cover the rice for an additional 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Once the rice has rested, fluff it with a fork. Stir in the lime juice, oil, and cilantro. Season with additional salt as needed.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.