Lately I have been on quite a salad kick. There have been breakfast salads with poached eggs, lots of lunch salads packed with leftover grilled veggies and quinoa, dinner salads stuffed with BBQ chicken and corn and peaches, and lots of new and yummy salad side dishes like today’s chopped zucchini salad. It’s an easy combination – matchstick zucchini and squash, crunchy red peppers, carrots, red onion, Kalamata olives, pepperoncinis, and a simple garlicky dressing to round things out. It’s a great salad to bring to a picnic or gathering since it holds up well without wilting.
Chopped Mediterranean Zucchini Salad
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 U zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- 1 U summer squash, cut into matchsticks
- 1 U carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup light Italian dressing
Toss everything together and let sit for at least 15 minutes before serving.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.