Chipotle Chicken Meatballs
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 28 oz canned diced fire roasted tomatoes, canned
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped, divided
- 3 U garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (or Magi)
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano, divided
- 4 tbsp. chipotles in adobo sauce, adjust to taste
- 1 lb 95% lean ground chicken
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 U egg
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 U bay leaf
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl use your hands to mix together the chicken, salt, egg, half the oregano, half the diced onion, half the adobo sauce, and breadcrumbs until well combined.
Roll out about 4 meatballs per serving and place on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for twenty minutes.
Meanwhile in a blender combine the diced tomatoes, remaining onion, garlic, remaining oregano, and Magi sauce. Add chipotles one at a time and taste until it is at your desired spice level. Season with salt as needed.
Pour into a large pot and add the bay leaf. Bring to a simmer. Add the meatballs and simmer for an additional 20-30 minutes. Serve over cauliflower rice or as tacos and pair with extra adobo sauce on the side.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.