videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 lb shrimp (shell on or off)
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp Asian sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 U jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 U scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
If you can, buy shrimp that has the shell on but has been cleaned. It will save you lots of time. If you can’t find that, then using scissors, cut down the back shell of each shrimp and remove the dark intestinal vein, leaving the shell intact.
In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, water, sweet chile sauce, lime juice, soy sauce and brown sugar. Stir together.
In a large pan, heat 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil and some cooking spray over high heat. Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook over high heat, turning once, until they start to curl and turn pale pink, about 2 minutes.
Add the jalapeños, garlic, and ginger to the pan and cook until fragrant for about 1 minute. Add the scallions and the ketchup mixture and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Stir in the cilantro. Enjoy on it’s own or over rice.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.