Chile rellenos are one of my all time favorite Mexican dishes, but it's a dish I save for special occasions since they can pack quite a lot of calories and fat from all the cheese. Recently when I was thinking about how to make a healthier version of this dish, it dawned on me that I could create the same flavor profile in a frittata and immediately got to work. Using the same traditional ingredients as a chile relleno - eggs, poblano peppers, cheese, and tomato sauce - this frittata is seriously satisfying. I threw in some zucchini for extra veggies but you could leave these out if you want a more traditional take.
Chile Relleno Frittata
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 U onion, diced
- 2 U Poblano peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 8 U eggs
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup no sugar added tomato sauce
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.