Soup is something I always have in my freezer no matter what time of year it is. I love pulling it out for a quick and hearty meal. Today's soup recipe is packed with hearty ingredients - chickpeas, kale, and butternut squash - that is sure to keep you full for hours. In my opinion it doesn't need too many extra spices but you could definitely add some thyme, rosemary, or even red pepper flakes if you like things spicy.
Chickpea, Kale, and Butternut Squash Soup
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 U onion, minced
- 4 U garlic cloves, minced
- 2 U celery ribs, chopped
- 1 U carrot, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 U butternut squash
- 1/2 tsp. dried sage
- 20 oz. canned chickpeas, drained
- 1 U bunch kale
- 1 U lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.