I love chicken tostadas and they are a go to quick meal in my house a lot that satisfies my craving for nachos. Tostada, which translates to “toasted,” is the name for the crispy corn tortilla these are built on. Usually, they are deep fried, but in this recipe you bake them and they are just as delicious. The other thing I like about this recipe is that I can eat two tostadas, which feels indulgent for only 5 points. Sometimes, I will just have one and add on low fat cheese or avocado as well. This can also be a great mid day snack for only 2.5 points if you just have one.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- While the oven is preheating, chop up all your vegetables so you will be ready to assemble the tostada.
- Place the corn tortillas right on the oven rack and let bake for about 10 minutes until crispy but not burnt.
- Once the corn tortillas are crispy, take out of the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes. While they are cooling, heat up the refried beans in the microwave or a small pot.
- Begin assembling your tostadas. Smear the tortilla with 1/4 cup refried beans, then pile with lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro, and onions. Add 1/4 cup chicken to the top and drizzle with your favorite salsa. Each serving is two tostadas!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.