videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 U red onion, chopped
- 2 U serrano peppers, chopped finely
- 4 U cloves garlic, minced
- 1 U red pepper, chopped
- 2 U Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 U sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 lb bone-in, skin on chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped finely
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat.
Add the onion, serrano pepper, red pepper, tomatoes, and garlic. Season with salt and cumin. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the onions begin to become translucent. Take out of the pot and set aside. This is the sofrito.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the chicken, skin side down, and cook for 7-10 minutes until the skin is browned and crispy.
Add the sofrito to the chicken with the chicken broth, cilantro, and thyme.
Cover and cook on low heat for 30-40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Serve over rice or cauliflower rice for a low carb option.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.