I really debated whether or not to share this simple recipe for chicken sausage, mashed potatoes, and baby broccoli. Honestly it's not much of a recipe, more of a quick meal idea, but I make it so often I decided that it was worth it to share. It really does come in handy when you need a quick, healthy meal and don't have time to think about what to make or run to the grocery store. I always keep chicken sausage in the house since it is incredibly versatile for quick meals - usually a fresh pack in the fridge and some back-ups in the freezer. I use it all the time.
In terms of the recipe - it's really easy and quick. Start by quickly blanching the broccoli while you chop up your potatoes. One tip, the smaller you make the potatoes the quicker they will cook. Then take out the broccoli and get the cauliflower and potatoes in the boiling water. While they cook, get the sausages browned. Then just mash the potatoes and cauliflower and dinner is ready.
Chicken Sausage, Mashed Potatoes, and Baby Broccoli
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 4 U chicken sausages
- 1 lb. potatoes, chopped (leave skins on, Paleo use sweet potatoes)
- 4 cups cauliflower
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk (broth for Paleo/Whole30)
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. baby broccoli (or regular)
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.