An easy, healthy, and delicious dinner that comes together in under thirty minutes - Chicken Sausages, Mashed Celery Root, and Broccolini.
This was one of those recipes I wasn't sure if I should even post since it is so simple. But since we eat it pretty often, I decided it was worth sharing. I almost always have chicken sausages in the house since they are one of my favorite ingredients for a quick and easy meal. Then paired with a simple low carb mash and a green veggie and you have a simple and tasty dinner. This time I opted for celery root but you could use cauliflower, turnips, rutabaga, or butternut squash. You can also substitute in almost any quick cooking vegetable. Zucchini, asparagus, sugar snap peas, kale, or spinach would all be delicious.
Chicken Sausage, Mashed Celery Root, and Baby Broccoli
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 4 U chicken sausages
- 2 lbs. celery root, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk (broth for Paleo/Whole30)
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. baby broccoli (or regular)
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.