Chicken Sausage Hash
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 lb. celeriac, peeled and cubed or shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 5 U chicken sausages, sliced
- 1 U onion, sliced
- 4 U cloves garlic, minced
- 1 U yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 U red pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 2 U summer squash, chopped
- 2 U zucchini, chopped
- 5 tbsp. Parmesan cheese (leave out for Paleo, Clean Eating, Whole30®)
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add celeriac and cook until just fork tender, but not mushy. Drain and dry with paper towels.
Meanwhile heat the olive oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add the onion, garlic, and peppers. Sauté for 5-8 minutes until tender. Set aside.
Add the chicken sausage and sauté for about 10 minutes until crispy on the outside. Remove and set aside with the onions and peppers.
Add the celeriac along with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Sauté for 5-8 minutes until crispy on the outside. Add back the sausage, onions, and peppers.
Stir in the summer squash, zucchini, and thyme. Cook for 5 minutes until squash is tender.
Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.