videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 lb tomatillos
- 1 U poblano pepper, seeded and cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 U onion, chopped
- 4 U cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 U jalapeno peppers, seeded and roughly chopped (or more)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 24 oz. boneless and skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
- 1 U lime
Preheat the broiler. Cut the tomatillos into quarters. Toss tomatillos and poblano with 2 teaspoons of the oil,salt, and pepper, and place on a baking sheet. Broil until charred, about 10 minutes.
Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add pumpkin seeds, peppercorns, allspice, and cumin and toast until pumpkin seeds are fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
In same saute pan, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
Place tomatillos, poblano, onions and garlic, cilantro, chicken broth, jalapeno, toasted seeds and spices and salt in a blender and blend on high until totally smooth, about 30 seconds.
Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil in skillet and cook the chicken until browned on both sides and nearly cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Add pepian sauce to skillet, covering chicken pieces. Bring to a simmer and cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Serve chicken topped with sauce and garnished with cilantro and lime wedges.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.