videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Chicken Fajitas with Homemade Fajita Seasoning
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 U poblano peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 U red onion, sliced
- 1 U red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot (see notes)
- 3/4 tbsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp. tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sugar (or Stevia)
- 1.5 tsp chicken bouillon cube, crushed
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp cumin
Mix together cornstarch, chili powder, salt, paprika, sugar (or Stevia), chicken bouillon cube, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, and cumin
Rub the chicken with the fajita seasoning.
In a medium saute pan, get the onions, poblanos, and peppers cooking for about 5 minutes. Add the chicken and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Mix in the cilantro right before serving and an extra dose of fajita seasoning on top if needed.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.